VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

  • Mk

    Votes: 19 70.4%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • hypatia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BobG

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 1 3.7%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This is the 2nd group of voting for this difficult contest. Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme - Mountains!

1. Mk
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3089/dsc06269sr7.jpg

2. larkspur
409284205_c6b9387697_o.jpg


3. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/smokey.jpg

4. BobG
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9650/0000267fo8.jpg

5. Moonbear
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1034/sidlinghillub0.jpg

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1034/sidlinghillub0.jpg"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm going with MK on this one. Again, a tough choice. Larkspur's is gorgeous, but for some reason, it seems too picture perfect, so I feel kind of distant from the scene, like an outsider, while the others all leave me feeling more like I'm right there on the mountain. (MK's also seems a bit like the Georgia O'Keefe of mountain photography, for those who understand the reference.)
 
Larkspur's resolves the most detail and has higher contrast, but the subject isn't as interesting as in Mk's and has a rather artificial-feeling border, in contrast with the general spirit of most of these competitions. BobG's had a lot of potential, but needed more clarity and depth of field. In the end, I have to go with Mk.
 
Mk it is. What a rugged landscape, and well-captured. I'm glad that image wasn't in the other group with trajan22's - I would still be agonizing over the choice.
 
You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in the first round of this contest. While MK is running away with it, the vote is tight for everyone else to make it to the final round. So every vote counts!

Zz.