Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

1. Mk

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. larkspur

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. hypatia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BobG

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Moonbear

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Mar 10, 2007 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is the 2nd group of voting for this difficult contest. Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme - Mountains!

1. Mk
    [​IMG]

2. larkspur
    [​IMG]

3. hypatia
    [​IMG]

4. BobG
    [​IMG]

5. Moonbear
    [​IMG]

Contest thread

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm going with MK on this one. Again, a tough choice. Larkspur's is gorgeous, but for some reason, it seems too picture perfect, so I feel kind of distant from the scene, like an outsider, while the others all leave me feeling more like I'm right there on the mountain. (MK's also seems a bit like the Georgia O'Keefe of mountain photography, for those who understand the reference.)

4. Mar 10, 2007 #3

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Larkspur's resolves the most detail and has higher contrast, but the subject isn't as interesting as in Mk's and has a rather artificial-feeling border, in contrast with the general spirit of most of these competitions. BobG's had a lot of potential, but needed more clarity and depth of field. In the end, I have to go with Mk.

5. Mar 10, 2007 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Mk it is. What a rugged landscape, and well-captured. I'm glad that image wasn't in the other group with trajan22's - I would still be agonizing over the choice.

6. Mar 10, 2007 #5
    Mk's is just right.

7. Mar 11, 2007 #6

Mk

WOW!! Thank you very much for the nice comments :smile:

8. Mar 11, 2007 #7

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

again, cannot choose in any other way but gut feel....MK

9. Mar 13, 2007 #8

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in the first round of this contest. While MK is running away with it, the vote is tight for everyone else to make it to the final round. So every vote counts!

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?