VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

In summary, this is the 2nd group for a photo contest with the theme of flowers. There are five entries including photos of wild strawberries, bottle brush flowers, and other varieties. Members are asked to vote for their favorite photo, with many choosing ZapperZ's photo as the standout. Other members also expressed their love for wild strawberries and foraging for wild plants.

Vote for your favorite

• 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mk

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Integral

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • hypatia

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This is the 2nd group for this photo contest.

Please vote for the photo that best represents our theme, which is flowers. You have one vote in each group.

1. 0TheSwerve0
Thanksgiving-GoldenFlowerssmaller.jpg

2. Mk
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1220/dsc07259gz3.jpg [Broken]

3. ZapperZ
IMG_6585.jpg

4. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/Photo_contest/HPIM3921a.JPG [Broken]

5. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/berry.jpg [Broken]

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=171778"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yep, knew this would be a tough choice from the moment I saw the theme posted. *sigh* I think I'm going to go with Zz, though I also like Mk's photo (but parts are a bit out of focus) and hypatia's lonely looking flower (strawberries?), but the flower itself looks a bit fuzzy while the greenery is what's in focus. In a contest this tough, I have to be picky, even though I really like the overall idea of the lonely little flower. :frown:

Out of these I like hypatia's :smile:

ZapperZ got my vote! Mk, is that Red Bottle Brush?

I had to go with MK because bottle brushes held a special place in my heart growing up and to see these beautiful examples lifted my heart. :!)

Evo said:
I had to go with MK because bottle brushes held a special place in my heart growing up and to see these beautiful examples lifted my heart. :!)

:smile: Thanks, Evo

Just look at the graph. Zz is obviously winning because of Gaussian distribution.

:approve:

I went with Zz as well.

integral
wow they look so pretty

They are wild strawberries in my photo, and it takes about a 1,000 of them to make a jar of jam. The flavor just explodes in your mouth:!) Lucky I know where there's several acres of them. You just got to fight off the bears:rofl:

hypatia said:
They are wild strawberries in my photo, and it takes about a 1,000 of them to make a jar of jam. The flavor just explodes in your mouth:!) Lucky I know where there's several acres of them. You just got to fight off the bears:rofl:
Our wild strawberries have white blossoms. they are tiny, but their flavor is intense. I've never been able to warm up to the cultivated berries, even when they are field ripened and just picked. Their "flat" flavor just can't compare. My mother and I would pick wild berries all day while my sisters slacked and whined about the black flies. Guess who clamored for the lion's share when we had strawberry shortcake on fresh home-made flaky biscuits, though.:grumpy: No matter what edible stuff was growing wild, we'd pick it, can it, freeze it, make jams, etc. I used to roam pretty far afield fishing in spring and early summer, and one of my responsibilities was to keep an eye on old fields, abandoned farms, etc for berries starting to ripen off, crabapples and apples to make into jams and jellies, etc. Growing up with a French/Indian heritage on my mother's side, I had a lot of "foraging" wired into my genes and encouraged by the family. I have a bear on the back side of my property that raids my wild blackberries, but he only shows up at night. I just wish he'd learn not to trample the canes to get at the better berries.

I think Zz's is my favorite, since I think the photo definitely emphasizes the flower more so than the other ones.

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - April Showers Bring May Flowers"?

The purpose of the contest is to showcase and celebrate the beauty of spring through photographs of flowers and rain. It also serves as a platform for photographers to share their work and compete for prizes.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is a member of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2" on the social media platform specified in the contest rules. Participants must also follow the guidelines and submission requirements outlined by the group.

3. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - April Showers Bring May Flowers" will be determined by the contest organizers and announced at the end of the contest period. They may include cash prizes, photography equipment, or other valuable items.

4. How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in the field of photography. The specific criteria for judging will be outlined in the contest rules.

5. Can I submit multiple entries to the contest?

Yes, participants are allowed to submit multiple entries to the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 2 - April Showers Bring May Flowers". However, each entry must adhere to the submission guidelines and will be judged individually.