VOTE Photo Contest - Happy New Year

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy New Year!

  • larkspur

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • SpaceTiger

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • ZapperZ

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Monique

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • alex caps

    Votes: 9 28.1%

  • Total voters
    32
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
A small, but amazing quality of pictures for this contest. There were imaginative ones, and at the other spectrum, a picture that stretches the imagination beyond possible to include the theme <looks at gokul> :)

Please vote for the picture that best reflects our them, which is to depict clearly a subject that has something to do with the number "7".

1. larkspur
324801999_2c11fdf018.jpg


2. SpaceTiger
http://www.astroskwurl.net/seven.jpg

3. ZapperZ
Disney002.jpg


4. Monique
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6025/7fq5.jpg

5. Moonbear
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2397/seventc1.jpg

6. alex caps
http://bikeflat.com/albums/nhalex/DSC_1086.sized.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=149496"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Had to go with Zz on this one, but monique was a close second.
 
I had to go with alex caps for the most clever approach to the theme. :biggrin:
 
I had to go with alex caps too. Very neat. Although the seven cat toys was a squeaker for top spot. :) And the dwarfs. And the bridge. And the bottles. Even the guy with the fingers. I enjoy these threads a lot.
 
GeorginaS said:
Although the seven cat toys was a squeaker for top spot. :)

Are you competing with Ivan for the most groans? :biggrin: :smile:
 
I couldn't resist the stud with the Christmas anchor. Is that 7-G? :!)
 
Moonbear said:
Are you competing with Ivan for the most groans? :biggrin: :smile:

I was hoping someone would catch that one! :biggrin:
 
Just a reminder that you have 2 days left to vote in this contest. As in the previous contest, the voting is TIGHT, especially for 2nd place! So every vote counts!

Vote early and vote often!

[Oh wait. I forgot that this is not a Chicago election!]

Zz.
 
Out of extreme personal bias I had no choice but to vote for Ember. Also, I am quite sure that Ember is intentionally forming the number 7 with her body. She is just a little confused on the orientation.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Also, I am quite sure that Ember is intentionally forming the number 7 with her body. She is just a little confused on the orientation.

Yeah, that's it! She just wrote it backward. It's still pretty good for a 6 month-old. :biggrin: