VOTE Photo Contest - In A Fowl Mood

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo

VOTE PF Photo Contest - In A Fowl Mood

  • Janus

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mech_Engineer

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • matthyaouw

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ms Music

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turbo-1

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • hypatia

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • edward

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • binzing

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Integral

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 3 15.0%

  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This week's voting is going to be tough because of all the gorgeous pictures submitted. Still, you have to vote for one. Please choose a picture that best represents our feathered friends.

1. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~jparvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/seagulls.jpg

2. Mech_Engineer
Pidgeon.jpg


3. matthyaouw
2641031739_da6b325a5f.jpg


4. Ms Music
326578627.jpg


5. turbo-1
merganser-1.jpg


6. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/babyowl8.jpg

7. edward
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/102/1000138ba5.jpg

8. binzing
rsz_Whoopi.jpg


9. Integral
jonathon025a.jpg


10. larkspur
2409260950_ab89075134.jpg


https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=245767"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
He is really cute. His nest is about 4 feet higher up in the tree. He climbs down onto that branch and just flaps his wings to beat the band. His downy fluff comes drifting down, that's how I first noticed him. By dusk he climbs back to the nest, and waits for dinner.
 
Hypatia's owl is adorable, but Mech_Engineer's rusty birds looks so tough that he gets my vote :smile:
 
Once again, it's a beautiful selection of images. Y'all are wonderful at capturing just the best shots. I went with Mech_Engineer, though, because that fowl captures both fowl and foul humour at the same time. Very clever. :biggrin:
 
I'm protesting...there are too many good choices and I can't pick just one, so I'm not voting. :biggrin: (At least not yet...I absolutely can't choose at all.)
 
I know, sometimes I forget to vote before the poll closes because I can't decide. We should have categories, like waterfowl, nocturnal birds, young birds, colored birds, eating birds, strange birds...
 
Evo said:
I know, sometimes I forget to vote before the poll closes because I can't decide. We should have categories, like waterfowl, nocturnal birds, young birds, colored birds, eating birds, strange birds...

Yes, put each picture in it's own category, then we can each vote for all of them!
 
I liked the reflections and water patterns in turbo's photo. They fit well with the merganser's colors, and the shoreline blended with the water too. So that got my vote.
 
Tough choice as always. I love Turbo's grebe (is it a grebe?) and Integral's baby swallow. In the end I had to go with Larkspur's colourful wee things. What are they?
 
matthyaouw said:
What are they?

Bluebirds.

Larkspur picture is technically absolutely perfect, that always catches attention, but it is cold, still life. Hypatia's and Janus pictures are technically rather weak, but they are full of emotions. And then there are plenty of other pictures that better fit just the subject of the contest (I had to check 'fowl' in the dictionary, looks like bloodthirsty ninja chicken with red eyes will fit best).

Hard job deciding.
 
Last edited:
You have less than 2 days left to vote in this very difficult contest. So make up your mind soon if you haven't done so already. :)

Zz.