Waiting for a photography contest

In summary, Gale has been in Arizona for the summer, is attending ASU this semester, and is happy with her life. She has been in contact with many people on the forums, but is currently focusing on school. She is also in contact with her parents and has received a care package from them.
Gale
i finally had a moment so i thought i'd stop in and say how's it goin. i haven't been around much, i know, but i lurk when i have a little spare time. I'm waiting for a photography contest that showcases my camp photos. how's everyone and all that? i have an hour or so tonight to try and catch up on things... I'm sure that'll be enough... :rolleyes: someone let me know what the wonderful world of pf has been upto lately.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey gale, hope all is well.

Welcome Back Gale! So, are you currently in NH or AZ? I know your plans were to spend the summer in AZ, but we haven't heard from you in so long, I don't know if you made it there.

oh yes, I'm very much in AZ. turns out i was even accepted into ASU, so if i can get the money (which is so far unlikely) i'll be going to school here this semester. even if I'm not in school, I've found an apt, and I'm going job hunting this weekend. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm loving it out here. i don't mind the heat one bit, except that I'm super tan. Camp is gorgeous, i love the kids and playing around all day. I'm a canoe instructor, so I'm pretty much swimming and paddling all day long. i smell bad from being in the lake all day, but its a good time. I've had some issues and bumps along the way, but I'm real excited with everything I've done for myself. Yay me!

Oh, plus yall should've seen me at limbo the other night, i beat almost 100 little girls. came in second place!

anyway, yep, all is well. i get out at the end of the month, so i'll probably be around a bit more after that. if i get into school, I'm hoping to take things pretty seriously, so i probably not get too involved in GD till i develop some better study habits. I'm sure i'll be around the upper forums though. good ole pf.

Gale said:
oh yes, I'm very much in AZ. turns out i was even accepted into ASU, so if i can get the money (which is so far unlikely) i'll be going to school here this semester. even if I'm not in school, I've found an apt, and I'm going job hunting this weekend. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm loving it out here. i don't mind the heat one bit, except that I'm super tan. Camp is gorgeous, i love the kids and playing around all day. I'm a canoe instructor, so I'm pretty much swimming and paddling all day long. i smell bad from being in the lake all day, but its a good time. I've had some issues and bumps along the way, but I'm real excited with everything I've done for myself. Yay me!

Oh, plus yall should've seen me at limbo the other night, i beat almost 100 little girls. came in second place!

anyway, yep, all is well. i get out at the end of the month, so i'll probably be around a bit more after that. if i get into school, I'm hoping to take things pretty seriously, so i probably not get too involved in GD till i develop some better study habits. I'm sure i'll be around the upper forums though. good ole pf.

Oh, that all sounds great! It seems you've finally found your niche, and I'm glad to hear things are finally going well. You sound so positive and happy. :smile: That AZ sun must be working wonders!

That seems like a good plan for staying focused on your studies once you're back in school too. Should we kick you out of GD if you start wasting too much time in here instead of focusing on your classes?

The AZ sun is awesome :cool: because of it, today I didn't have to run on the track frield for summer school :yuck:

Hot damn! You're in at ASU? I am so happy!

hehe, cute yomamma. it definitely gets hotter out here than back home, but i really love it. I've gone through a big bottle of sunscreen in a month though. last summer, i didn't even finish half of one, heh.

anyway, i definitely am feeling more positive about things, it sucks because a lot of what's going on in my life is stressful, but I'm so happy that I've done this that its hard to let myself be down too much. plus my campers adore me. i probably get more mail than anyone on camp. and my mum even sent me a care package full of pinwheels and bubbles and glow sticks and even a pedicure kit, (which was amazing because its hard to feel much like a girl when you're living in the wilderness everyday.)

anyway, yep, things are fairly good. if i go to school, which is very up in the air, (depends on whether i can get the loans..) definitely keep me outta GD too much, especially if you know my grades are down. if i go to school, I'm not throwing away my money or my time anymore. i really want to buckle down and study. whozum has a research job and I'm terribly jealous. time to get my act together!

MIH!

how have you been? I'm excited i got in too. i don't know what happened, but just last week they called and told me. so I'm running around trying to find money for it. i saw your thread about your stresses. I'm sorry to hear it. you need a vacation! i know this girl in arizona who just found an apt... but really i hope you're still managing to smile even with the stress, you're just too pretty not to be!

turns out i was even accepted into ASU
Far out! :cool:

Keep us posted.

And welcome back. You've been missed. :smile:

I am so glad to see you, Gale. It truly brightens my day. We've all been missing you.
Yeah, I am going on vacation after this class. I am going down to our beach cabin in Texas to go fishing with my Dad. Can't wait!

Great job getting in Gale.

Just remember what I told you, it's time to shine :smile:

Oh my god she's back

Pengwuino said:
Oh my god she's back
Get the net!:biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
Oh my god she's back

aww, you missed me didn't you? i know you did. you should've been writing me letters at camp, that's what all the good penguins do!

OMG, i just remembered, we have this camp song..
"have you ever seen, a penguin come to tea?
take a look at me, a penguin you will see,
penguins, attention! penguins begin!
have you ever seen..."

and it keeps repeating and each time you flap one wing, then the other, then you waddle one foot, then the other, then bob your head then spin around. SOOO cute. now i'll think of you whenever we sing it!

Gale said:
aww, you missed me didn't you? i know you did. you should've been writing me letters at camp, that's what all the good penguins do!

OMG, i just remembered, we have this camp song..
"have you ever seen, a penguin come to tea?
take a look at me, a penguin you will see,
penguins, attention! penguins begin!
have you ever seen..."

and it keeps repeating and each time you flap one wing, then the other, then you waddle one foot, then the other, then bob your head then spin around. SOOO cute. now i'll think of you whenever we sing it!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hope you get into school Gale :smile:

1. What is a photography contest?

A photography contest is a competition where photographers submit their photos to be judged by a panel or by the public. The winning photos are usually awarded prizes or recognition.

2. How do I enter a photography contest?

The process for entering a photography contest may vary, but typically you will need to submit your photo(s) through an online platform or by mailing them in. Make sure to carefully read the rules and guidelines of the contest before submitting your entry.

3. What are the criteria for judging in a photography contest?

The criteria for judging in a photography contest can vary, but some common factors include creativity, originality, technical skill, composition, and adherence to the theme or prompt of the contest. Each contest may have its own specific criteria, so be sure to check the guidelines for the specific contest you are entering.

4. How can I improve my chances of winning a photography contest?

To improve your chances of winning a photography contest, it is important to carefully read and follow the guidelines, submit a well-composed and technically sound photo, and make sure your photo fits the theme or prompt of the contest. It can also be helpful to study past winning photos and take inspiration from them.

5. What are the benefits of participating in a photography contest?

Participating in a photography contest can have many benefits, such as gaining exposure for your work, receiving feedback and critique from judges and other contestants, and potentially winning prizes or recognition. It can also be a great way to challenge yourself and improve your photography skills. Even if you don't win, participating in a contest can be a valuable learning experience.