Want to be pengwuino's mate? Vote now and win a dinner!

  • Thread starter Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
40 replies · 5K views
franznietzsche
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
6
Come on now, don't be shy, we've got member awards to...uh...award!

No go do your civic PF duty and vote! :approve:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That's difficult! I can't choose btw them. :confused:
 
Lisa! said:
That's difficult! I can't choose btw them. :confused:


Must...resist...urge...make...election joke...

Just don't vote for a third party candidate, that's throwing your vote away.

Arrg...sorry.
 
Lisa! said:
That's difficult! I can't choose btw them. :confused:
Me neither! We have so many excellent candidates this year in all the categories that I may have to draw names from a hat to decide on some! :bugeye:
 
Moonbear said:
Me neither! We have so many excellent candidates this year in all the categories that I may have to draw names from a hat to decide on some! :bugeye:


:bugeye: :bugeye:

Well that's one way to do it...
 
Moonbear said:
Me neither! We have so many excellent candidates this year in all the categories that I may have to draw names from a hat to decide on some! :bugeye:
the outcome will be just as valid in at least one category.

lol, I'm just kidding. I'm not bitter any more
 
All my votes would normally have gone to our lovely mentors :!) :!) :!) :!)
 
Pengwuino said:
All my votes would normally have gone to our lovely mentors :!) :!) :!) :!)


Kissarse.
 
People are funny in different ways, i say the award should go to the one that
can come with the best joke about a tree. :smile:
 
wolram said:
People are funny in different ways, i say the award should go to the one that
can come with the best joke about a tree. :smile:

Q: How does a tree count?

A: One, Two, Tree!
 
wolram said:
People are funny in different ways, i say the award should go to the one that
can come with the best joke about a tree. :smile:


So, a Cyprus, a Juniper, and a Fir walk into a bar...
 
The funniest tree in the world: bicycletree
(seriously his name made me laugh!)
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Q: How does a tree count?
A: One, Two, Tree!

I think my head just exploded.
 
wolram said:
People are funny in different ways, i say the award should go to the one that
can come with the best joke about a tree. :smile:
But Jack Handy isn't a PF member. :frown:

His deep thought: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Hey, roughly half of the caption competition thread is jokes about trees.
 
And our brain looks like a tree too. Are we allowed to make a joke about your avatar?

<runs and hides>
 
Did someone say something? I thought I heard something but I don't see anyone here. Oh well.
 
Moonbear said:
Me neither! We have so many excellent candidates this year in all the categories that I may have to draw names from a hat to decide on some! :bugeye:

I don't have such problems. I'm from Chicago. I can vote more than once in each category ("Vote Early and Often!")

:)

Zz.
 
"The rumours of my fall have been greatly exaggerated." - The Tree in the Woods



Can't take credit for that one though. My friend Storme came up with that one.
 
hypnagogue said:
But Jack Handy isn't a PF member. :frown:
I find Jack to be unexpressive and wooden. Course, his mother was a nice piece of ash, but this father was a son of a birch: used to bark at Jack to make like a tree and leaf. Jack pined to branch out and put down roots in a better place , so he packed his trunk, and went to his Aunt Maple. But as soon as he cedar, he feared he'd gone out on a limb. She was a sap, and knot his cup o' tree.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
"The rumours of my fall have been greatly exaggerated." - The Tree in the Woods
Can't take credit for that one though. My friend Storme came up with that one.

What about a variation to that?

The rumors of my Fall have been greatly exaggerated - Autumn.

:)

Zz.
 
:smile: Zoobie, sometimes you simply amaze me.
 
ZapperZ said:
I don't have such problems. I'm from Chicago. I can vote more than once in each category ("Vote Early and Often!")
:)
Zz.
Yeah, I'm from NJ originally, so I just have to wait for the bribes to roll in, and then we'll bury the competition out in the Pine Barrens somewhere. :smile:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Q: How does a tree count?
A: One, Two, Tree!
And yet you still deny us that :groan: smiley!
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Q: How does a tree count?
A: One, Two, Tree!
Oak, yew, tree, fir, chive
 
zoobyshoe said:
I find Jack to be unexpressive and wooden. Course, his mother was a nice piece of ash, but this father was a son of a birch: used to bark at Jack to make like a tree and leaf. Jack pined to branch out and put down roots in a better place , so he packed his trunk, and went to his Aunt Maple. But as soon as he cedar, he feared he'd gone out on a limb. She was a sap, and knot his cup o' tree.
Nice. That needs to be carved into a wooden statue of some famous person named Jack. Have you ever worked with wood? Get to it!
 
hypnagogue said:
Nice. That needs to be carved into a wooden statue of some famous person named Jack. Have you ever worked with wood? Get to it!
yeah, get to it. chop chop
 
Danger said:
:smile: Zoobie, sometimes you simply amaze me.
I saw one like that on a fish theme once. It went on for two pages. I also used to know a guy who did it unconsciously: like, if you raised the subject of sailing, all that would occur to him were old saws and turns of speech with a maritime theme. He didn't even realize he was doing it.
 
hypnagogue said:
Nice. That needs to be carved into a wooden statue of some famous person named Jack. Have you ever worked with wood? Get to it!
Oak-y Dokey. I bough to your wishes. I may have to conifer with a specialist, in order to prune it, and spruce it up first, so it will be more poplar.