Want to relax and be happy? Listen to Death Metal

• Thread starter BWV
  • Start date

BWV

Each participant was played Happy or Eaten through headphones, while they were shown a pair of images - one to each eye. One image showed a violent scene, such as someone being attacked in a street. The other showed something innocuous - a group of people walking down that same street, for example.

"It's called binocular rivalry," explained Dr Sun. The basis of this psychological test is that when most people are presented with a neutral image to one eye and a violent image to the other - they see the violent image more.

"The brain will try to take it in - presumably there's a biological reason for that, because it's a threat," Prof Thompson explained.

"If fans of violent music were desensitised to violence, which is what a lot of parent groups, religious groups and censorship boards are worried about, then they wouldn't show this same bias. "But the fans showed the very same bias towards processing these violent images as those who were not fans of this music."
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47543875?linkId=64786577&fbclid=IwAR0XVhEgxDVz0nBi6l5DTXb_FeH8j3hHjMbI-o56y-nGTO8TIZvKbGyOlZY

Interesting, but I'd rather listen to Melodic or Symphonic metal 😄

BWV

Interesting, but I'd rather listen to Melodic or Symphonic metal 😄
well you must go further to the dark side if you wish to obtain enlightenment ;)

pinball1970

Gold Member
Well, that's quite right for me. However, I don't listen to death metal often now. My wife and child always ask me to change the music if I play them too long. LOL.