What are the diverse interests and expertise of a mechanical engineer?

• Thread starter charlieyoung
  • Start date
In summary, mechanical engineers have a wide range of diverse interests and expertise that allow them to work in various industries and fields. They are skilled in designing, developing, and testing mechanical devices and systems, as well as analyzing data and solving complex problems. Some of their specific areas of interest and expertise may include robotics, thermodynamics, materials science, and computer-aided design. They also have a strong understanding of physics, mathematics, and mechanics, which enables them to create innovative solutions that improve efficiency and functionality in diverse applications such as manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and renewable energy. Overall, mechanical engineers possess a versatile skill set that allows them to contribute to various industries and play a crucial role in shaping the world we live in.
charlieyoung
Hey everyone,

I'm Charlie. I'm a mechanical engineer specializing in fluid power system design for mobile equipm,ent. Not necessarily new here, I've gotten a ton of great information from PhysicsForums throughout my career.

I'm a dad, car guy (working on a 69 Camaro project), tinkerer, DIY'er, amateur woodworker and I have a website where I write about engineering applications for Microsoft Excel at http://www.engineerexcel.com.

Looking forward to joining the conversation!

Likes mechpeac
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum

Hello! I'm Kamil)