What Are the New Equilibrium Concentrations After Removing 1.0 mol/L of SO2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dnartS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Equilibrium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
dnartS
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
8.0 mole of O2(g) is mixed with 10.0 moles of SO2(g) in a 2.0L container forming SO3(g). If 3.0 moles/L of SO3(g) remains at equilibrium. 1.0 mol/L of SO2(g) is removed from the equilibrium, calculate the new eq'm [ ]'s.So I make the rice table

3O2(g) + SO2(g) <--> 2SO3(g)
r 3 ... : ... 1 ... : 2
4.0M ... 5.0M ... 0M (shift right)
c -3x ... -3x ... +2x
e 4.0 -3x ... 5.0-3x ... 2xwhat do I do now?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Guise I need help on this homework question please, it's really bothering me and I am stuck.
 
What were the concentrations of all gases before SO2 was removed? Can you calculate them from the stoichiometry? After they are calculated - can you use them to calculate equilibrium constant?

--
methods