What Are the Top 10 Best Summer Foods?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Summer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
18 replies · 4K views
gravenewworld
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
27
10.) Sweet corn on the cob
9.) grilled rack of ribs w/ a good dry rub
8.) Blueberries
7.) Honeydew
6.) homemade burgers (none of that premade frozen patty crap)
5.) Cantaloupe
4.) strawberries
3.) raspberries
2.) grilled steaks




1.) fresh black cherries. if you have never eaten these you really really really have no idea what you are missing. they are incredibly sweet and very very good tasting.


If I weren't allergic to peaches, I would have put white peaches up there.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thats a good list.

Hmmmmmmmm...

1.) Mojitos
2.) Fresh Chips with salsa. (There is a mexican resturante that has the BEST chips/salsa. No other store, no stuff in a super market, no stuff anywhere comes close. It's my benchmark to compare others but nothing has ever measured up).

3.-10) have to think about it...
 
Fresh baby beets with tender greens.
Stir-fries with fresh snow-pea pods.
Fresh steamed green beans.
Almost any stir-fry, butter mixture or pesto made with fresh garlic scapes.
Sun-warm ripe tomatoes right off the vine.
Ditto for tart little pickling cucumbers.
Freshly picked wild blackberries.
Fresh-made cold salsa (my canned salsas are good, but not like the fresh stuff) with tomatoes, chilies, and herbs from my garden.
Crispy raw Sugarsnax carrots.
Apples from the tree at the end of my driveway.

I can't put numbers on these because whenever any of them become available, they end up at #1.
 
Watermelon

grilled beer marinated shrimp

ice cold beer
 
shrimp scampi

lemonade

and in this summer weather, can't go wrong with the almighty "water"
 
gravenewworld said:
10.) Sweet corn on the cob
9.) grilled rack of ribs w/ a good dry rub
8.) Blueberries
7.) Honeydew
6.) homemade burgers (none of that premade frozen patty crap)
5.) Cantaloupe
4.) strawberries
3.) raspberries
2.) grilled steaks




1.) fresh black cherries. if you have never eaten these you really really really have no idea what you are missing. they are incredibly sweet and very very good tasting.


If I weren't allergic to peaches, I would have put white peaches up there.

I'll trade you cantaloupe for tomatoes fresh picked from the garden, and I think we can agree on the rest. :biggrin:
 
1. grilled steak
2. fruit salad {with all the seasonal fruits}
3. roasted marshmallows
4. Beer
5. Ice cream floats
6. BBQ ribs
7. Sweet tea
8. Noodle salads
9. Grilled veggies
10. Dutch over stew {cooked over a camp fire}
 
Moonbear said:
I'll trade you cantaloupe for tomatoes fresh picked from the garden, and I think we can agree on the rest. :biggrin:
I'll take vine-ripended tomatoes over strawberries, and raise you a cucumber.
 
Evo said:
I'll take vine-ripended tomatoes over strawberries, and raise you a cucumber.
I'll take a vine ripened tomato and a cucumber over about any berry and raise you a habanero AND green beans. Fresh leaf lettuce optional.
 
Evo said:
Watermelon

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=90745" ?

I was shocked when, while camping, my wife's uncle, a very "proper" guy, said to me that watermelon is "good for men."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tomatoes are out. they are all tainted.


Grilled peaches are really good too. Halve the peaches. Melt some butter, add cinnamon, and brown sugar to taste. Throw in the peach halves and coat them thoroughly in the sugar sauce. Thrown on grill and cook both sides until tender. It's great!
 
yes, but you have to eat 10 or over 10 watermelon at once to see the effects.
 
Not much beats firing up the BBQ and throwing on some steaks or burgers with baked potatoes and all the fixins, a cold pasta salad, and a beer or cooler with some fruit for dessert and eating on the patio on a nice summer evening.
 
George Jones said:
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=90745" ?

I was shocked when, while camping, my wife's uncle, a very "proper" guy, said to me that watermelon is "good for men."

Yes, my husband looked at me oddly when I encouraged him to eat more rind.:cool:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fruit in general. Plums, Peachs, and Ruby Red Grapefruits are particular favourites.
Fruit juices of all sorts. I love Mango the most though I think.
And Fish Tacos with
Cold Beer.
Or maybe a Margarita.
 
George Jones said:
I was shocked when, while camping, my wife's uncle, a very "proper" guy, said to me that watermelon is "good for men."
I am shocked right now, wondering whereas her claims of "I love watermelon in summer in the morning" were hiding manipulation :bugeye:
 
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3302/pict0289dv6.jpg

Beer + 6 -Crab legs + Sauce I made= :biggrin:

I was at a restaurant and I told the waitress this is a nice cup, can I take it? She said: "I don't care" and brought me back a bag to put it in as I walked out. Its ma beer mug. It even has a line to fill it to 0.5L.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:
Beer + 6 -Crab legs + Sauce I made= :biggrin:

I was at a restaurant and I told the waitress this is a nice cup, can I take it? She said: "I don't care" and brought me back a bag to put it in as I walked out. Its ma beer mug. It even has a line to fill it to 0.5L.

Mmmmm - looks great! Wait a minute...looks like there's more in the pot there...you're not going to eat ALL those, are you :-p ? Bet we could get a bunch of PFers there in no time to finish it up!