What Career Options Exist in Biology for Genetics and Microorganism Enthusiasts?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Guy Zachar
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,My name is guy I am currently in high school learning biology as my "major"(not sure how to call it ) subject as well as ecology, I've been always interested in biology but recently I got stuck thinking what do I want to do in biology.Biology is like a tree that has many branches and I am kinda lost. The current things I am the most interested about in Biology has to be either genetics or micro organism. Is there any careers that are related to any of thoes and are there any careers that can be considered "safe"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Some professions that deal with microbiology:
  • pathologist
  • medical/clinical laboratory scientist
  • immunogeneticist
  • medical geneticist
  • clinical biochemist
  • clinical microbiologist
  • toxicologist
 
Guy Zachar said:
Hello,My name is guy I am currently in high school learning biology as my "major"(not sure how to call it ) subject as well as ecology, I've been always interested in biology but recently I got stuck thinking what do I want to do in biology.Biology is like a tree that has many branches and I am kinda lost. The current things I am the most interested about in Biology has to be either genetics or micro organism. Is there any careers that are related to any of thoes and are there any careers that can be considered "safe"
Food technology, food production, cosmetics product development and their manufacturing quality control
 
Many medical devices are provided sterile to the customer. Microbiologists sometimes find careers in medical devices as sterilization specialists.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint