What Careers Combine Physics and Chemical Engineering?

• Thread starter amarjain
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the opportunities available for someone with a dual degree in MSc Physics and Chemical Engineering. The speaker is pursuing this degree and wants to know what fields and jobs would require knowledge of both fields. They clarify that their dual degree involves completing all the subjects of both degrees and lasts for 5 years. There are potential opportunities in areas such as physical chemistry and materials science.
amarjain
What are the Opportunities??

Im currently pursuing a dual degree of MSc Physics+Chemical Engineer.I would like to know what are fields i can enter in my future which have applications of both to a good extent.Also i would like to know the kind of jobs/companies which require knowledge of these two fields.

Physics news on Phys.org

I've never heard of a "dual" M.Sc. before. Do you mean that you're M.Sc. is in physics, but crosses over into chemical engineering? Or vice versa? Or do you mean that you're pursuing a B.Sc in chem eng and hoping to get into a physics M.Sc. program?

Either way, I suppose it doesn't matter. I would assume that there would be lots of opportunities for someone with such a background: especially in areas like physical chemisty and materials science. What does your thesis project involve?

thanks Choppy tht u visited my query.And yeah i shud have been more clearer abt the the dual degree, one of the two degrees of my dual degree is
MSc Physics and the other is Chemical Engg.The subjects i will be doing all the subjects of a MSc Physics degree and all the subjects of a chemical engg degree.5 years is the duration of this degree.

1. What are the opportunities in the field of science?

The opportunities in the field of science are vast and varied. Some common opportunities include research positions at universities or research institutions, employment in industries such as pharmaceuticals or biotechnology, teaching positions at schools or universities, and government positions in organizations like NASA or the National Institutes of Health.

2. How can I find opportunities in my specific area of interest within science?

One way to find opportunities in your specific area of interest is to network with professionals in the field and attend conferences or events related to your area of interest. You can also search for job postings on websites such as Indeed or LinkedIn and reach out to organizations directly to inquire about potential opportunities.

3. Are there opportunities for internships or volunteer work in the field of science?

Yes, there are often opportunities for internships or volunteer work in the field of science. These can be a great way to gain experience and make connections in your desired field. Many universities and research institutions offer summer internship programs, and organizations like the Peace Corps also have opportunities for volunteer work in scientific fields.

4. Are there opportunities for advancement in a scientific career?

Yes, there are many opportunities for advancement in a scientific career. Depending on your field of interest, you may be able to advance through obtaining higher degrees, publishing research, or taking on leadership roles in research projects or organizations. Networking and gaining experience in various areas of science can also open up opportunities for advancement.

5. What are some challenges or obstacles to finding opportunities in the field of science?

Some challenges or obstacles to finding opportunities in the field of science include a highly competitive job market, limited funding for research positions, and a lack of diversity and inclusion in certain scientific fields. It is important to continue to build your skills and network, and to advocate for diversity and inclusion in the scientific community.