What causes the mysterious physical action experienced by canoers and kayakers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EricL
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 910 views
EricL
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Okay, it's only good form to post something here, so here goes.

I joined the site on a whim, simply to see if I could get any ideas about how to explain a certain type of physical action that canoers and kayakers commonly experience (which virtually none of them understand), and I got some good replies.

As for myself, I'm no physicist. My education is within the field of biology and my work involves the fieldwork aspect of soils engineering (there's no actual engineering processes involved with what I do, but common sense sure helps a bunch), but I dare say I do have a knack for mentally visualizing the principles behind forces and motion, so some of the really basic stuff that goes on here might interest me as time goes on.
 
Physics news on Phys.org