What crazy stunts have these extreme athletes been up to?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobG
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Messages
365
Reaction score
88
It just isn't worth it. http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/2385/Workout-Mishap.html

I think I'll throw away my scooter, too. http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/680/Sweet-Scooter-Jump.html (and obnoxious friend).

Ever notice how much work you get done right around the holidays. :redface:

Ouch! I think this guy did permanent damage to himself. http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/448/Tree-Bungie.html . I'm not sure what he was trying to do but it reminds me of when my 7-year-old daughter tied herself to the seat of the swing and tried to show her sister how she could swing with no hands.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That couldn't have felt good at all. This is why I just do normal sit ups. It just is not worth the risk to do anything else.:smile:
 
I love this one.

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/450/Real-life-Spiderman.html"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BobG said:
OK, I'm giving up bowling, too. Bowling mishap

The world's just getting too dangerous.
Wow... I thought it was real for a second. :smile:
 
Math Jeans said:
I love this one.

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/450/Real-life-Spiderman.html"
Ditto! This guy is scary. I have done technical rock-climbing, and though some of the finger-jams in cracks look more impressive than they are in real life, this guy is WAY good. On my first climb, my next-door neighbor's climbing partners had finals to deal with and he was facing a deadline to submit his guide to the Appalachian Mountain Club, so he drafted me as a climbing partner, and luckily, his wife's feet were about the same size as mine, so I could use her boots. I'm glad Maine has a whole lot more granite than sandstone/schist, etc.:smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator: