What did I experience during my 2011 trip to Ghana?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Saladsamurai
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
7
Hello all! :smile:

As some of you may know, I recently went on a return trip to Ghana. I also went back in 2011 and never posted any pictures, which I had promised to do :redface: So here in Part 1 I am posting some pictures of my 2011 adventure. I will start a separate thread for my 2013 adventure when I get some more time!

In 2011, my girlfriend and I went to Ghana through an organization called Village Volunteers. We stayed for 6 weeks and did work at a small library and the local secondary school. We stayed on a farm with a host family who we revisited just last month. We also did a lot of touring. Here are some of the things we did.

Finally, some land!
1-4_zps59408dd9.jpg


Our Taxi Driver
2-2_zpscce2a81b.jpg


The Boys and Their Rabbits
3-1_zpsffdd1993.jpg


The Dogs
5_zps9d9e0bcd.jpg


Meeting the Village Elders
17_zps22a0e904.jpg


A Rather Unfortunate Meal (Goat meat & Fufu)
12_zps78e97494.jpg


More to come! (Hopefully with better resolution...still figuring this out...)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome back! Wow, what an experience! Uhm, I'll pass on the goat thing though.
 
Is that raw goat meat? Do they eat it like that?!
 
Great to see you back, Salad and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your full report :smile:
 
Evo said:
Welcome back! Wow, what an experience! Uhm, I'll pass on the goat thing though.

Thanks Evo! Good to be back :smile:

PhysicsGente said:
Is that raw goat meat? Do they eat it like that?!

It's not raw...just gross :wink:

Andre said:
Great to see you back, Salad and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your full report :smile:

Thanks Andre. Here comes the next batch:

Three's not a crowd on this motorcycle
7_zpsd872122d.jpg


Our caretaker Florence (aka our "African Mother"
4_zpsfd9e05ce.jpg


View from the farm
13_zps46265ae7.jpg


Anne (my girlfriend) at the Library
11_zps73ae83ef.jpg


Monkey see; monkey do
8_zps3ebefbe9.jpg


More to come!