What do you want for X-mas/chanaka/kwanza/spaghetti monster day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
48 replies · 6K views
Will the Spaghetti Monster put spaghetti in my stocking?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
Will the Spaghetti Monster put spaghetti in my stocking?
Yes. It will be linguini with a heavy garlic-seasoned sauce and stinky hard Italian cheese. You may have to toss the stocking.

Pastafarians UNITE!
 
turbo-1 said:
Yes. It will be linguini with a heavy garlic-seasoned sauce and stinky hard Italian cheese. You may have to toss the stocking.

Pastafarians UNITE!

That sounds delicious, I should have made that instead of plain mac and cheese for supper.
 
SticksandStones said:
My family usually spends the day bickering and drinking, so I'm sure I'll be on here!

At least your family can get together...damn those restraining orders...
 
turbo-1 said:
Yes. It will be linguini with a heavy garlic-seasoned sauce and stinky hard Italian cheese. You may have to toss the stocking.

Pastafarians UNITE!

And that's what you get if you're GOOD?
 
Math Is Hard said:
And that's what you get if you're GOOD?
If you're bad, you get Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese topped with Prego. Pasta HELL!
 
turbo-1 said:
If you're bad, you get Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese topped with Prego. Pasta HELL!

Yuck!
 
turbo-1 said:
If you're bad, you get Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese topped with Prego. Pasta HELL!
OMG that made me feel queezy
 
hypatia said:
OMG that made me feel queezy

No, it made you feel Mac 'n' Queezy
 
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. I sure hope somebody finds them.
 
Haha yeah Jason it is, the only downside is more competition.
 
I want about 20ft of .5mm fiber optic cable, some avalanche photodiodes, some blank bipolar plates, some UV LEDs, and a 20+MIP microcontroller.
 
Travel to the Past and the Future, by the editors of Time.
 
I used the season (and the sales) as an excuse to get a pocket digital balance:
http://scientificsonline.com/images/250/30%7B%7D30314-76.eps.jpg
I've been doing a lot of outreach to HS teachers lately, and I can never get a balance from the lab (since they're under personal lock and key by the lab director... AUGH!). The old-school non-digital balances in the department are in excessively poor condition (they look like they were dropped on the floor!... I don't see why they haven't gotten rid of them if they're always WAY out of wack).

More complaining: we seem to have only 10 meter sticks too. It seems the labs meter-stick boxes instead contain long splintery sticks from the wood shop that the students draw on, then come to the front to compare to a standard meter stick... insanity! Is this where the age of technology (aka our overstock of Pascal sensors) has taken us? ...combined, of course, with the bad economy (but if it's my job vs. the meter-sticks, I'd prefer the department to save the funds for me. :biggrin: )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
physics girl phd said:
More complaining: we seem to have only 10 meter sticks too.

Wow, how unweildy those must be.
 
physics girl phd said:
More complaining: we seem to have only 10 meter sticks too.

lisab said:
Wow, how unweildy those must be.

Yes, but students in the back of the room never fall asleep more than once.
 
A 1200 kit for my 883 sportster. I am going to start saving for that soon.