What does it take to work at Google Deep Mind?

In summary, a high school senior is seeking advice on how to become qualified for a position at Google Deep Mind in 8-10 years. They are interested in robots and artificial intelligence and will be attending an electrical engineering college in the summer. They are looking for recommendations on further steps, knowledge to accumulate, and a potential PhD topic. While the specific company may change in 8-10 years, becoming qualified for a research position in this field would benefit the individual regardless.
doktorwho
Hello everyone,
I am a senior in high school and am very very interested in robots and artificial intelligence. In summer i will be going to an electrical engineering college and i want your advice as to what further steps should i make and what knowledge to accumulate over the 4 years at college in order to be qualified at Google Deep Mind in like 8-10 years?
What should i strive to get a PhD in? Self study if not covered by anycourse, book recommendations, courses, or anything that would give me and idea to complete my 10 year old goal so to speak :). Also, how realistic do you think this is?

Physics news on Phys.org
Read here (come back from time to time and look over new postings as they show up) for descriptions of who they are looking for -

https://deepmind.com/careers/

Don't get too hung up on any specific company looking 8-10 years out. The world changes a LOT every 8-10 years. That said, its very likely that becoming qualified for one of these research positions would serve you well regardless of whether you still find DM a desireable employer 10 years hence.

What is the minimum education requirement to work at Google Deep Mind?

The minimum education requirement to work at Google Deep Mind is a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, engineering, or mathematics. However, many employees at Deep Mind hold advanced degrees such as Master's or PhDs.

What skills and experience are necessary to work at Google Deep Mind?

To work at Google Deep Mind, you will need strong programming skills, experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence, and a deep understanding of computer science and mathematics. Additionally, experience in research and data analysis is highly valued.

What is the hiring process like for Google Deep Mind?

The hiring process for Google Deep Mind is rigorous and highly competitive. It typically involves multiple rounds of technical interviews, coding challenges, and assessments of your problem-solving abilities. If you are successful in these stages, you may then be invited for an on-site interview with the Deep Mind team.

What is the work culture like at Google Deep Mind?

The work culture at Google Deep Mind is known to be highly collaborative, innovative, and fast-paced. Employees are encouraged to think outside the box and take on challenging projects. Additionally, Deep Mind offers a range of perks and benefits to its employees, including on-site gym facilities, free meals, and flexible working hours.

What opportunities for career growth and development are available at Google Deep Mind?

Google Deep Mind offers a range of opportunities for career growth and development. Employees have the chance to work on cutting-edge projects, attend conferences and workshops, and collaborate with experts in the field. Deep Mind also offers training programs and mentorship opportunities to help employees advance in their careers.