1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills What does it take to work at Google Deep Mind?

1. Mar 27, 2017 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I am a senior in high school and am very very interested in robots and artificial intelligence. In summer i will be going to an electrical engineering college and i want your advice as to what further steps should i make and what knowledge to accumulate over the 4 years at college in order to be qualified at Google Deep Mind in like 8-10 years?
    What should i strive to get a PhD in? Self study if not covered by anycourse, book recommendations, courses, or anything that would give me and idea to complete my 10 year old goal so to speak :). Also, how realistic do you think this is?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2017 #2

Grinkle

Gold Member

Read here (come back from time to time and look over new postings as they show up) for descriptions of who they are looking for -

https://deepmind.com/careers/

Don't get too hung up on any specific company looking 8-10 years out. The world changes a LOT every 8-10 years. That said, its very likely that becoming qualified for one of these research positions would serve you well regardless of whether you still find DM a desireable employer 10 years hence.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted