What equation does Dorothea Rockburne express in this artwork?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter Gord1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Art Geometry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Gord1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello All,

I am an artist who is just beginning to learn how to think mathematically. Have studied the basics "The Golden Standard", Da Vinci, MC Esher. View attachment 6293View attachment 6293 Given my interest, I was introduced to the work of the Dorothea Rockburne and given this work to critique. While I can do the all the art and social analyst of the work, I do not know what equation she is expressing in the attached work. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gord
 

Attachments

  • Dorothea Rockburne's Uriel - Image .jpg
    Dorothea Rockburne's Uriel - Image .jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 125
Mathematics news on Phys.org