Finding objects with a Meade DS114 telescope and H25mm, H12.5mm, SR4mm eyepieces

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ReneeS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Eye
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
ReneeS
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I've got a telescope (Meade DS114 -- reflecting, D = 114mm, F= 910mm, f/8) that I'm trying to get together again. We have several eye pieces still around -- H25mm, H12.5mm, SR4mm. We had a hard time locating objects (besides large things like the moon), so I'm wondering if I should try other eye pieces? Or is it just a matter of honing our skills? Thanks!
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
ReneeS said:
I've got a telescope (Meade DS114 -- reflecting, D = 114mm, F= 910mm, f/8) that I'm trying to get together again. We have several eye pieces still around -- H25mm, H12.5mm, SR4mm. We had a hard time locating objects (besides large things like the moon), so I'm wondering if I should try other eye pieces? Or is it just a matter of honing our skills? Thanks!

Hi ReneeS! :smile:

Doesn't the DS114 come with a finder attached?

If the finder's not accurate, try it with a distant tree.

If there's no finder, then get one … there is a reason why telescopes come with finders! :wink: