What Food Can I Bring to Prevent Osteoporosis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BayernBlues
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
BayernBlues
Messages
61
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I’m doing a project on osteoporosis and part of it involves bringing in a sample recipe which would be a part of a diet attempting to prevent or cure osteoporosis. The recipe must be rich in something such as calcium because osteoporosis weakens bones which need calcium. Calcium, a mineral, is found in things such as milk.
What food could I bring into the class for 30 students to eat which contains calcium? I was thinking of something such as kraft macaroni and cheese but that would be hard to serve to a group of students. Anyone have any ideas?


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



The food should probably contain milk (even if it is in dry form) because milk contains calcium.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try this;

Google "osteoporosis" and click in the first reference, www.FORE.org[/URL]
Click on "treatment", then "eat right", then "calcium rich". That should take you to some recipies. Good luck.

Steve
 
Last edited by a moderator: