What Foods Pair Well with Milk in Cooking?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
18 replies · 3K views
tgt
Messages
519
Reaction score
2
What are they? Two that come to mind are oates and bananas.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
People people!

Cookies!

Actually, I like milk with just about everything.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
People people!

People cook well with milk?
 
Math Is Hard said:
People cook well with milk?

Oh yes, long de porc en sauce blanche.
 
tgt said:
What are they? Two that come to mind are oates and bananas.

Chicken breasts marinated in milk or buttermilk serves to tenderize a bit for sauteing or deep frying..
 
Wow, I swear I am going blind. I never saw the word "cook".
 
Custard. Vichyssoise. Various soups. What percentage milk fat are we talking about here? Is half & half fair game?
 
Creamed Corn

Potatoes Au Gratin

Corn Chowder

I'm trying to think of things but most of them utilize cream or half and half instead of milk.
 
All of the grains, game meat and my favorite, peas.
 
Oyster stew, clam chowder, fish chowder, and real home-made macaroni and cheese come to mind. Scalloped potatoes with a nice Vermont cheddar is really good, too.
 
+1 for poached fish. A bay leaf, a good amount of seasoning, a cinnamon stick, and a squirt of lemon juice at the end. Perfect for any white fish.
 
How about yogurt? I hear there are plenty of greek and egyptian dishes that make inventive use of dairy. Does anyone know any recipes?
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
How about yogurt? I hear there are plenty of greek and egyptian dishes that make inventive use of dairy. Does anyone know any recipes?
Red meat baked in yogurt. When baked, yogurt turns more sour, which balances out against the meat (same concept as having wine or putting lemon juice on the meat, as the French have been observed to do).