What Galactic Processes Did You Dream About in the Milky Way?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LogicalAcid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dreams Milky way
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
LogicalAcid
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
I had just finished reading a space oddessey, and I had a dream in which there were about 10 people standing around me, each unique, one was a girl with purple highlights, and then in the middle of us (we were in a circle) was like a miniature milky way galaxy, and each of us described a process that happens inside of it. For example, I got quasars, and I explained how they would form and operate. Odd indeed.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
LogicalAcid said:
I had just finished reading a space oddessey, and I had a dream in which there were about 10 people standing around me, each unique, one was a girl with purple highlights, and then in the middle of us (we were in a circle) was like a miniature milky way galaxy, and each of us described a process that happens inside of it. For example, I got quasars, and I explained how they would form and operate. Odd indeed.
LogicalAcid,

Nice handle... Are you sure some fine aged tequila consumption didn't contribute to this, the dream that is...

Rhody... :devil:
 
rhody said:
LogicalAcid,

Nice handle... Are you sure some fine aged tequila consumption didn't contribute to this, the dream that is...

Rhody... :devil:

If you read my other threads you'd realize that I am not in High School yet. No worries, common misunderstanding.
 
LogicalAcid said:
If you read my other threads you'd realize that I am not in High School yet. No worries, common misunderstanding.

LA,

Sorry, no harm intended, it's just that I would not normally think of that handle with a young person, at best someone over 18.

Rhody... :blushing:
 
rhody said:
LA,

Sorry, no harm intended, it's just that I would not normally think of that handle with a young person, at best someone over 18.

Rhody... :blushing:

Its something I made up, something like WittyLizard, EducatedSloth,CorrodedElephant
 
I have a couple of interpretations. The first interpretation is that you and the people around you are the galaxy; each personality corresponding to a different aspect of the cosmos. For example, you see yourself as being similar to quasars. The second interpretation is that by circling and observing the galaxy you and the people around you make sense of it together, similar to interpreting the story in a theater or making sense of life and death by watching staged fights in a Roman arena.
 
EnumaElish said:
I have a couple of interpretations. The first interpretation is that you and the people around you are the galaxy; each personality corresponding to a different aspect of the cosmos. For example, you see yourself as being similar to quasars. The second interpretation is that by circling and observing the galaxy you and the people around you make sense of it together, similar to interpreting the story in a theater or making sense of life and death by watching staged fights in a Roman arena.

I see, very intriguing...
 
EnumaElish said:
I have a couple of interpretations. The first interpretation is that you and the people around you are the galaxy; each personality corresponding to a different aspect of the cosmos. For example, you see yourself as being similar to quasars. The second interpretation is that by circling and observing the galaxy you and the people around you make sense of it together, similar to interpreting the story in a theater or making sense of life and death by watching staged fights in a Roman arena.

Or...

... it was just a dream.

(I don't subscribe to all this 'dreams have meaning' stuff)
 
LogicalAcid said:
I had just finished reading a space oddessey, and I had a dream in which there were about 10 people standing around me, each unique, one was a girl with purple highlights, and then in the middle of us (we were in a circle) was like a miniature milky way galaxy, and each of us described a process that happens inside of it. For example, I got quasars, and I explained how they would form and operate. Odd indeed.

That's nothing!
I once dreamt that I was trying to implant an idea into this business tycoon's mind so we had to share a dream, then I had to drug him an get him to dream about being in a hotel so that I could put him to sleep in this dream's dream to get him to participate in some type of sniper escapade which ultimately resolved itself in the harrowing tale of him unlocking his dead father's safe to find a pinwheel and rescuing my dead wife from getting his by a train in limbo.
Also, you were there, but you didn't look like you.