What Happened to the eBay Listing for the Stephen Hawking ZERO-G Experience?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rewebster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Experience Hawking
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
rewebster
Messages
883
Reaction score
2
To quote S. R. Haddon to Ellie Arroway from "Contact":

"They still want an American to go, Doctor. Wanna take a ride?"



http://cgi.ebay.com/Fly-with-Stephen-Hawking-on-The-ZERO-G-Experience-4-26_W0QQitemZ180097370187QQcategoryZ16071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow.

The current bidder when I checked, bidded $21,000 to be weightless with Steven Hawking!

Someone's making some money on this!
 
What I find interesting is not that the bid is $21.3k--

-what I find interesting is that over 47000 have viewed the auction

(number near bottom of page)



(From what I've seen, the average for the 'viewed' on a general item may be around 50-150)
 
rewebster said:
"100% of the proceeds from this auction will benefit Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation."

www.starlight.org

Cool, guess I should pay more attention.
 
rewebster said:
"100% of the proceeds from this auction will benefit Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation."

www.starlight.org
Starlight Starbright is a wonderful foundation! :!)

I hope they get a lot of money on this!
 
It is up to 25K now

A flight without Steven is only $3500, I thought it would be more.
It is going for a good cause so, get bidding.
 
GedankenExperiment:

If you had a chance to choose an 'experience' (let's not get too weird here) with someone-----

who (someone that is still living) would it be?

what would it be?

and,

how much would you pay for the experience?
 
I went through a few before deciding that I would like to meet with Professor Sheldon Glashow for a day and I'd give a week's pay for the meeting.
 
rewebster said:
GedankenExperiment:

If you had a chance to choose an 'experience' (let's not get too weird here) with someone-----

who (someone that is still living) would it be?

what would it be?

and,

how much would you pay for the experience?

http://www.ettoremajorana.it/Majorana/index.html" in the case he is still around.:cool:
There's not much of a real chance for our meeting to take place but he would be my first pick.

Price?Well,I wouldn't mind spending $50 000 for one hour chatting with him.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tehno said:
http://www.ettoremajorana.it/Majorana/index.html" in the case he is still around.:cool:
There's not much of a real chance for our meeting to take place but he would be my first pick.

Price?Well,I wouldn't mind spending $50 000 for one hour chatting with him.

Mrs. Houdini probably spent more than that with no luck.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MeJennifer said:
Starlight Starbright is a wonderful foundation! :!)

I hope they get a lot of money on this!

I think they should award one seat to a kid!
 
Well--it ended up good for the www.starlight.org --good for them

----------------------------------
I just clicked the link and---

the ended listing on ebay disappeared!

The end was over 70K ---I wonder what happened?--hmmm?
 
Last edited: