Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Higher Dimensions Feel Like

1. Nov 9, 2011 #1
    What Higher Dimensions "Feel" Like

nevermind.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2011 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Re: What Higher Dimensions "Feel" Like

While an interesting read, nothing here has any way of being scientifically relevant. I could just as easily claim that by tasting something salty I move through the 6th dimension.

4. Nov 9, 2011 #3

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We can adequately define the universe in 4 dimensions - three spatial coordinates and time, as Einstein noted. There is no need to introduce unneccesary complications.

5. Nov 9, 2011 #4

Does everything have to be "scientifically relevant" ? I get your point though. It can't be expressed by a Linear ODE, but then not very much in our universe can. I think it's more than just a cool idea but to explain why I'd have to bring in a lot more "scientifically irrelevant" stuff like passages from Tao Teh Ching or the Middle Length Discourses.

6. Nov 9, 2011 #5

I guess you dislike String Theorists for being needlessly complicated. Well, you're certainly not the only one. Seems a lot of people are fed up and dissatisfied with it. I can't say I blame them necessarily, I think we all need to consider the matter further. I'm not in the string theoriy camp myself, I mean we don't want to go back to epicycles; but relativity hasn't provided us all the answers.

7. Nov 9, 2011 #6

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

If you want idle speculation, then PF is not the forum for you. (As per PF rules) There are plenty of other ones elsewhere online if you would like to post on one of them however.

And your point is what? How does any of this relate to your original post? String theory and emotions being someone moving in a higher dimension aren't even remotely related.

8. Nov 9, 2011 #7

My reply about string theorists was to Chronos. But Drakkith, you're right. You're smart, I'm not. I beg your forgiveness. Just ignore my thread ok? I don't want to argue with a "scientist". I'm not in 10th grade anymore.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook