Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What if ER = EPR?

1. Jan 18, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    If ER==EPR
    Then IsPossible(gravitational wave == projection of quantum wave)

In other words:
    If the conjecture of "ER = EPR" is true,
    is it possible that "gravitational wave = 3+1 dimensional part of quantum wave" is also true?

2. Relevant equations

The quantum source of space-time
    http://www.nature.com/news/the-quantum-source-of-space-time-1.18797

Cool horizons for entangled black holes, J. Maldacena, and L. Susskind
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ionid=95519C344758B59645E88FD8046B8421.f04t02

3. The attempt at a solution
    Casual discussion, brain storming

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2016 #2
    Not sure how you wound up with a homework template but interesting topic none the less!
    The first article you linked is similar to holographic theory, how the information of matter in a given volume can be encoded in the "surface" of the boundary. The "spin network" system used in LQG somehow keeps track of differences in sides of NOT identical triangles into pentagrams or tetrahedra or who knows I don't really have much more than a basic concept of it. I'm simply throwing out some examples of theories with some scientific backing which is all that PF rules allows to be discussed, you can get points! for reading the forum rules then you'll know much more of what you can learn here!

4. Jan 20, 2016 #3

atyy

Science Advisor

I guess this is what Susskind sets as homework o0)

5. Jan 21, 2016 #4
    This post was originally in the homework section of the forum, then it was transferred here.

6. Jan 21, 2016 #5
    Isn't he the guy that insisted an answer was incorrect even knowing that he himself gave incorrect information? I'm not saying I disagree with him, you fail for your own inability to conclude facts logically, not someone else's.

7. Jan 21, 2016 #6
    So are you still seeking answers or dissatisfied with what you found?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook