What inspired a car salesman to pursue a career in science?

  • Thread starter Thread starter flat6
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 711 views
flat6
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Hello,

So I guess this is where I introduce myself. My name's Mike, and I currently work as an internet manager/sales consultant at an automotive dealership here in California. I've always been fascinated by science and technology, and I'm most interested in cosmology and physics.

I made a huge mistake by not pursuing a college education immediately after high school, and have been working in the automotive industry for way too long now. The older I get, the more interested I become in science. I spend most of my commute time listening to podcasts like Omega Tau, The Titanium Physicists, The Infinite Monkey Cage and Ask A Spaceman.

Now that I'm way too old to be relevant in any scientific field, I've decided to go back to school and will be starting classes this summer. I should be able to graduate by the time I reach retirement age. :doh:

I'll probably be posting here asking for advice and guidance, so thanks in advance for any help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi flat6.
welcome_bike.gif