What Is It Like Living Near Johnson Space Center?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin McHugh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 1K views
Kevin McHugh
Messages
319
Reaction score
165
I lived about 1 mile the Johnson space Center for 14 years. We had several astronauts live in our neighborhood, and I had a few friends work there. I'm just curious if there are any folks here that worked there.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2
Physics news on Phys.org
Kevin McHugh said:
I lived about 1 mile the Johnson space Center for 14 years. We had several astronauts live in our neighborhood, and I had a few friends work there. I'm just curious if there are any folks here that worked there.
I didn't work there but lived in Clear Lake right down the road and my husband and father in law both worked there and almost everyone I dated before marrying worked there.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark
When did you live there Evo? I was in Nassau Bay from 1995 - 2009.
 
Kevin McHugh said:
When did you live there Evo? I was in Nassau Bay from 1995 - 2009.
Had to be the late 70's, early 80's.
 
Evo said:
I didn't work there but lived in Clear Lake right down the road and my husband and father in law both worked there and almost everyone I dated before marrying worked there.
Ever think about being an astronaut?
 
dlgoff said:
Ever think about being an astronaut?
Never. I'm not a risk taker.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Kevin McHugh said:
I lived about 1 mile the Johnson space Center for 14 years. We had several astronauts live in our neighborhood, and I had a few friends work there. I'm just curious if there are any folks here that worked there.
Do you by chance spend anytime watching the Live_ISS_Stream on USTREAM? There are several JSC techs that log on the social feed while at work, very interesting to talk with them,