What is Parkour and Where Can You Watch It?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 0TheSwerve0
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
0TheSwerve0
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Do you parkour?

I recently found out this sport/art/game actually has a name. It's free-running.

Some sweet Russian http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=515642196227308929&q=russian+climbing&pr=goog-sl"
btw, can anyone translate the russian and french (I think there's both) here?

Any other particularly good ones? Post em here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, that's really cool! I've seen this done before. But this video has a story to it (somewhat). Good thread!
 
Hey everybody I was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or "do" parkour. It's my new favorite sport, but unfortunately it isn't very popular in America yet, nor is it easy to explain.

Some good sites if you're interested and unfamiliar with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

http://www.parkour.com/

http://www.parkour.net/

A new movie was recently released on June 2nd called Banlieu 13, or B13, with one of the main characters as the founder of the sport itself. Check it out, it should be pretty cool, but I haven't seen it because it isn't in 'theaters everywhere', and it is in French (but with captions).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen quite a few guys doing this stuff. The really good ones are very impressive. It's definitely a young man's hobby. I think some people refer to it as "tricking" here.
 
Some sort of cell phone company has a commercial with a bunch of people doing that, but I had never heard the name of it till now.
 
Leonardo Sidis said:
It's my new favorite sport
:eek: I have enough trouble walking 2 blocks to work.
 
NM, thought you had made a new thread. Confused:confused:
 
Last edited:
Here are some awesome videos of Parkour and David Belle, its founder

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7410780648438568268
&q=david+belle

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7834855742079548500&q=david+belle

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8736346518838002319&q=david+belle
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I posted some cool videos on your thread, and here's one more I just found...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2040423001461844580&q=david+belle

Some of David Belle more amazing stunts
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man! That just made my nads shrivel up and try to escape through my ears. I'm terrified of heights.