What is the approach to forum discussions on this science forum?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 430 views
iambozdar
How did you find PF?
Through rigorous internet search.
I was searching for some science forums online yesterday, so I could join one to learn and contribute back. The Forums that operate like early 2000 ones, and their goals are more aligned toward users than creating content for monster spiders.

I am glad that I have ended up here now. I visited a few hot and featured threads, some of them are closed for contribution. It is better to remove closed topics from the hot thread column.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome:!

iambozdar said:
How did you find PF?: Through rigorous internet search.

It is better to remove closed topics from the hot thread column.
Not necessarily as we consider all of our threads as a database for answers rather than a debating contest.
 
fresh_42 said:
Hello and :welcome:!Not necessarily as we consider all of our threads as a database for answers rather than a debating contest.
That's also a friendly approach. I hope I'll get used to soon.