What is the Beauty of Alaska's Inside Passage?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary: The second was one of our excursion, which was the Alaska Canopy Adventures. It was 7 ziplines and 3 rope bridges. And as a bonus, we saw black bears from high up above!At the end of the adventure, we were awarded medals for completing it.The video is great. I'm glad you had a good time.In summary, the first video is of a beautiful sail on the Disney Wonder ship and the second is of an exciting adventure in Alaska.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
When the PF Photo contest went on a brief hiatus a month ago due to my Alaskan Cruise, I posted a few photos during the trip. In case there was some interest in it, I've edited a couple of videos of that vacation.

The first one is my salute to the beauty of Alaska's Inside Passage. It truly was spectacular. I called it "The Wonder of Alaska Inside Passage" because we were sailing on the Disney Wonder ship.

The second was one of our excursion, which was the Alaska Canopy Adventures. It was 7 ziplines and 3 rope bridges. And as a bonus, we saw black bears from high up above!

At the end of the adventure, we were awarded medals for completing it.
IMG_8785.JPG

It was such a fun trip that a number of us are trying to hatch a plan to go back in a couple of years.

Zz.

Attachments

• IMG_8785.JPG
    IMG_8785.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 340
Likes russ_watters, BillTre, Borg and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
That looks awesome!

DennisN said:
That looks awesome!

What, the videos or the medal? :smile:

On our last full day at sea after we left Ketchikan and heading back to Vancouver, the ship took a less crowded path and was more exposed to the Pacific Ocean. We woke up with the ship being rocked by the rough seas. They closed the open promenade on Deck 4, and closed off the topmost level, Deck 10. And the pools were closed as well. You can see in this video why, and it should tell you how rough it was.

I've gone through rougher seas than this, though, during one of our Caribbean cruises.

Zz.

Likes berkeman
ZapperZ said:
I've gone through rougher seas than this, though, during one of our Caribbean cruises.
My worst was at night on a North Atlantic cruise with the remnants of a hurricane to the south. Chairs were sliding all over the deck above us for hours until I finally went up there to secure them myself. That was an interesting midnight walk.

I used to work on an oceanography ship for a few months when in college.
Rough seas enhance both ping-pong and foosball games.

Likes berkeman and Borg
ZapperZ said:
The first one is my salute to the beauty of Alaska's Inside Passage. It truly was spectacular. I called it "The Wonder of Alaska Inside Passage" because we were sailing on the Disney Wonder ship.
Very nice. I loved the violin music.

1. What is the Alaska Inside Passage Video?

The Alaska Inside Passage Video is a documentary-style video that showcases the natural beauty and wildlife of the Inside Passage region in Alaska. It was filmed and produced by a team of scientists and filmmakers.

2. What can I expect to see in the video?

The video features stunning footage of the rugged coastline of the Inside Passage, as well as the diverse wildlife that call this area home. You can expect to see whales, bears, eagles, and other animals in their natural habitats.

3. How was the video made?

The Alaska Inside Passage Video was filmed using high-quality cameras and equipment, including drones, to capture the vast and remote landscape. The team also utilized scientific research and knowledge to accurately depict the behaviors and habitats of the animals featured in the video.

4. Is the video educational?

Yes, the Alaska Inside Passage Video not only showcases the beauty of the region but also provides educational information on the wildlife and ecosystems found in the Inside Passage. It is a great resource for anyone interested in learning more about this unique area.

5. Where can I watch the Alaska Inside Passage Video?

The video is available to watch online on various platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo. It may also be available for purchase or rental on streaming services or through the production team's website. Check the official website for more information on where to watch the video.