What is the Evidence Against MOND in Cosmology Research?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike_brandt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 264 views
mike_brandt
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
How did you find PF?
fire fox
i am looking at the original data (vera rubin's ) that is the basis of the dreaded "dark matter " and looking at alternative explanations
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Dark matter is not, as far as I'm aware, dreaded in the least so I'm no sure what you meant by that.

I think the only alternate theories that work even some of the time are various flavors of MOND, but while they quite well on the scales of a galaxy, they fail for galactic clusters and so require their own version of dark matter, thus not really getting rid of it at all.

Welcome to the forum and be careful to read the rules. They actually matter here.