What is the fascination with special and general relativity?

• Thread starter BNeville Triplett
  • Start date
In summary, special and general relativity are two theories proposed by Albert Einstein that have captivated the scientific community for over a century. Special relativity, published in 1905, revolutionized our understanding of space and time by showing that they are relative concepts and not absolute. General relativity, published in 1915, expanded on this by explaining gravity as the curvature of spacetime. These theories have been extensively studied and tested, leading to numerous groundbreaking discoveries and applications, such as GPS technology and our understanding of black holes. The fascination with special and general relativity lies in their ability to fundamentally change our perception of the universe and open new avenues for exploration and understanding.
BNeville Triplett
I'm new to this forum. I have a very limited physics knowledge but I find physics very fascinating. I have started reading anything I can get my hands on especially regarding special and general relativity. I hope to gain insight from all you guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi BNeville Triplett. :welcome: