What is the most affordable and flexible foam for shock absorption?

  • Thread starter Thread starter herkeyhawk3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Material Shock
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 13K views
herkeyhawk3
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey there,

I'm new to the forums, while I did get an A in my physics class, in no way do I consider myself an expert. That's why I figure you guys could answer my question best.

I am working on a project and I was wondering what the most shock absorbent material is that I could purchase for a relatively low price. I need it to be kind of like a foam, more specifically something that is easily flexible. I was looking at this site, http://www.thefoamfactory.com, and while I found some good products I just don't know which is best.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org

Seriously though, what kind of impact are you trying to absorb?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
An impact like a baseball hit at a window, more specifically.