Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the name for f(ab)=f(b)f(a)?

  1. Jun 22, 2009 #1
    a morphism f is a structure preserving mapping, and under a morphism the following holds: f(ab) = f(a)f(b)

    what is the name for a similar concept but where instead we have:
    f(ab) = f(b)f(a)

    This happens for example for the element inversion in a group: [tex](ab)^{-1}=b^{-1}a^{-1}[/tex].
    I found it somewhere, some time ago, but I cannot find it anymore. I thought it was something like antimorphism, but I would not bet a cent on it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2009 #2
    ok....I found it: it was anti-homomorphism
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook