What is the quality of life working as a construction manager?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
AngryTypingGuy
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know this is an engineering/physics forum but I was wondering if some of you could tell me more about this field. Although, I have frequently thought about civil engineering but after months and months of mulling over a decision, I decided not to pursue it (though I still go back and forth).

I still see myself in some engineering-related field and construction management seems like the best option.

Maybe some of you have worked on the field and experienced what construction managers do, well, not exactly what they do since I've researched that part, but their schedules, level of stress, and their enthusiasm for the field. The quality of life stuff is what I'm curious about.

In general, how do you perceive the field? Too much fieldwork? Management not your thing?

Thanks for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, I'm a senior civil eng. Construction management is basically what it means. It's about planning, organization and control of a project (a construction one in this case). Sounds easy, but it takes certain skills from an individual.

It's one of the favourite master degrees for Civil Eng graduate students.