What Is the Shape and Expansion of the Universe?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
LSulayman
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I'm working on an assignment where I explain some things about the universe.
This is what I'm writing about and also in the order in which I'm writing about it:

Part I The Shape of the Universe

Matter
The static model of the universe
A universe which is not static but:
closed universe
flat universe
open universe

Part II Evidence for the expanding universe

Measuring the age of the universe
Other evidence
What role does dark matter have in an expanding universe?


Now my teacher told me that the order in which I'm telling these things isn't right, somethings not ok with the structure...

Since I'm not an expert on the expanding universe (I'm not a physicist or an astronomer) It's really frustrating to understand what the right order is, when to write about what.
Also Part I and Part II have to have a connection. But how to explain?

Can someone help me out?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org


The purpose of your paper is unclear. Start with an abstract summarizing the question or questions you intend to address and evidence relevant to that effort. You should then formulate a title that condenses your abstract to a simple idea like 'Is the Universe Expanding?'. You may then introduce the various facts and factors you deem relevant and how you believe they lead to your conclusions.