What is the smoothest song you've ever heard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
I don't recall coming across this category of songs on here, so here goes. What is the "smoothest" song that you have come across?

I can think of one off the top of my head immediately: Champaign's "How 'Bout Us". If a tune can be called velvety, it is this one. In fact, it is as smooth as fine Champagne! :)


The other song that comes close is SOS Band's "Tell Me If You Still Care". Or maybe I just like the blimp in the cheesy video. :)


The full song, btw, is 7 minutes long! :)

Zz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edward and EnumaElish
Physics news on Phys.org

I Can't Go For That - Rumer and Daryl Hall - Live from Daryl's House​


Described as "Sultry" in the publisher's comments.
Hopefully, that's a sub-genre of "Smooth". :oldwink:
 
Another entry in this category: k.d. Lang's "Wash Me Clean"



The album this came from, "Ingenue", is one of my favorites of all time. I had goosebumps the first time I heard this tune.

Zz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish
A couple favorites that I would consider "smooth", there are too many to choose just one!











 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish