What motivated a physics teacher to return to teaching after working in retail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMercury79
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 739 views
TheMercury79
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
Hello to everyone on PhysicsForums!

I'm a physics/math senior high school teacher in Europe. The past few years I have been working
in retail for industrial precision cutting tools. It has been fun but I now feel I want to come back to the
field of physics and have started to teach again after some years of absence.
Unfortunately I find teaching high school unsatisfactory as the educational system in my country
has become an embarrassment. That is why I have decided to pursue a masters in physics, where I
want to specialize in cosmology as a major, and minor in particle physics.

I hope to be able to participate in interesting discussions, ask questions of my own and will contribute
whenever I can on questions asked by others.

Sincerely / TheMercury79
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. This is a great place to learn.

I'm sorry to hear about the education system there. I lived there in the 70s and 80s when it was fantastiskt.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TheMercury79
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. This is a great place to learn.

I'm sorry to hear about the education system there. I lived there in the 70s and 80s when it was fantastiskt.

How wonderful. I also remember the 80s. Nowadays it's not just the education system I'm afraid. Nothing is "fantastiskt" here anymore