What should a 15-year-old interested in physics and math already know?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WORLD-HEN
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
30 replies · 8K views
Justin Lazear said:
AP Physics isn't necessary for success. As I mentioned before, usually all it does is teach you a bit of technique. And, as I mentioned before, the technique isn't particularly difficult anyway. By the time the difficult stuff comes up, it's out of the realm of AP Physics anyway.

Then again, I'm only familiar with the physics programs of two universities, so I could be mistaken. I think I'll add the big qualifier "If you happen to show up at Caltech or ASU," before everything.

--J


AP Physics is meant to be equivalent to a first year physics course. And in my experience it is mostly. My physics classes now are some what more rigorous, but its the same material.