What should I consider before asking a question on a science forum?

• Thread starter Redblue88
  • Start date
In summary, before asking a question on a science forum, one should consider doing some research on the topic to ensure it has not already been answered. It is also important to provide enough information and context in the question, as well as to use clear and concise language. Additionally, being open to constructive criticism and engaging in respectful discussions can lead to more helpful and informative responses.
Redblue88
How did you find PF?
Casual mention in a web article I found through google news
Hello everyone. I'm happy to have found the website I didn't know I needed. As a lay-person, thank you in advance to anyone who can answer my questions and also sorry in advance if I ask something stupid or something already answered (I promise to search before I ask, but I can't guarantee I won't miss something). Sometimes the internet is a useful thing. I think this is one of those times.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. It's a great place for asking questions and learning!

In addition to doing a forum search before posting, it also helps a lot if you can post a link or two to the reading you've been doing about your question. That helps us to see where you are with the subject, and serves as a good conversation starter.

Enjoy! :smile:

Likes Borg