What should I name my teenage sci-fi heroine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AMRpro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Scifi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 6K views
AMRpro
Hello all,

I am a first-time writer. I'm writing science fiction, and I'm trying to name my protagonist. She is a 14 yo girl, and I'm trying to come up with a name that could connote both vulnerable and strong.

Any name ideas, or name resource ideas (in addition to the OSC one I found in the sticky'd thread)?

Thanks.

AMR
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Jimmy is a good name.

But it's probably not what you're looking for.
 
Mildred or Leota? Guess not. Why don't you try a conlang name?
 
Borek said:
Pajęczyna.

Is that Polish for "this thread is a year old"?
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Is that Polish for "this thread is a year old"?

In a twisted way - yes, it can be understand this way.
 
Borek said:
Pajęczyna.

Cooooool...I am going to borrow that! :D
In what sense is it usually used though? Gossamer is so much more flattering than cobweb...
(Pajęczyna Kronanwalt*...I love google translate...)
*work in progress
 
If I may take the question literally:

Strong in other languages: findthedata.org

The word Vulnerable doesn't come up on the tool, so using "tender": findthedata.org

And then mashing together some interesting sounding ones:

Tamu Stark

Voimanis

Imara Dolce

Strafmör

Salemanis
 
Enigman said:
Cooooool...I am going to borrow that! :D
In what sense is it usually used though? Gossamer is so much more flattering than cobweb...

Cobweb. There is no single word for gossamer in Polish.
 
Ah well, one can't have everything...
Thanks for the name!