What Should You Do After Applying for a Job at Los Alamos National Laboratory?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ilmareofthemai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Application
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
ilmareofthemai
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Hello Physics Forums Community,
I have just applied online for a post-bachelor's research assistant position at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Does anyone work there/have experience with them?
I'm wondering what my next step should be.
Are they going to contact me? Should I contact them?
Thank you very much.
R
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ilmareofthemai said:
Hello Physics Forums Community,
I have just applied online for a post-bachelor's research assistant position at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Does anyone work there/have experience with them?
I'm wondering what my next step should be.
Are they going to contact me? Should I contact them?
Thank you very much.
R
From what I know and also in my (non-US) culture, it is no good to directly contact and ask people if they hire you or not, we tend to wait for the answer from the employers. I used to go abroad to work as an assistant and it was my traumatic experience because they paid me very low, only enough for the daily basic needs. Later on I become really allergic when hearing advice for me to work abroad.