What Should You Know About a Career in Astrophysics and Cosmology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roisin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cosmology
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Roisin
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am currently in the first of two years of the leaving cert course (A levels), and I am considering a degree with a view to having a career in Astrophysics or Cosmology.

I study along with the compulsory subjects of Irish English and Maths Physics Chemistry Spanish and History.

I do (currently) believe this is the area of science that I would most enjoy, having always found all aspects of astronomy (that I am aware of) fascinating for as long as I can remember.

I was just wondering what are other peoples experiences and opinions on this area. Pros and Cons, what it is like etc...

Thank you in advance for any replies!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This is such a broad question, which is why you probably haven't received any responses. Do you have anything specific that you would like to know? Failing that, I would just go to university and take physics, then in a few years you can get more of an idea if this is something you want to pursue.