What skills are essential for success as a physics technician?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ANDREW J GOLOSKOF
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 559 views
ANDREW J GOLOSKOF
Felicitations to all. I started work as a physics technician in 1968. My qualification then were distinctions in radio, mechanics, electronics. I worked at what is now the university of Gloucestershire in the UK for thirty years. My skills now include sports science / mechanics. Kinematics, radio and optical astronomy, a moderate knowledge of forensic ballistics, radio communication and lasers. Most but not all skills were self taught. I'm currently working as a physics technician in a local school in Gloucestershire and to this day loving every minute of it. Life goes on... Looking forward to some constructive conversations on this forum.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org