Honestly, I would say to switch over to physics now. I'm not entirely sure what your background is, but no smooth transition from softward engineering through electronics to physics really exists. The key to doing physics is to have the core background of physical and mathematical intuition that one builds up after years of coursework. It's never too early to start building that.
However, electrical engineering and circuitry do have strong connections to solid state physics, so that is a route.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving