What theories depend on the Magellanic Clouds being part of the Milky Way?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Bart
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Bart
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Yeah, firstly hi again. For guys remembering my short episode on the forum - aaaw that's nice you remember me :)

But getting to the point.
I've read on the news recently that both Magellanic clouds were discovered to be 'Travelers' from outer space. They aren't as thought children of our galaxy, or smaller sisters, but they come from somewhere and are just passing by.

So I begun with a good brief information. This discovery seems to destroy some theories - and that's my question. What theories were depending on LMC/SMC assigned to Milky Way?

Thanks a lot and cu :)
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Welcome back, Bart. While I'm no astronomer, it will always be helpful if you could provide a link to the source where you read about this discovery.
 
Last edited: