What would it take for this to lift a man?

• Thread starter amorphos_b
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lift
In summary, the inventor is interested in creating an object that can lift a person into the air, using lightweight materials and a rotary engine for power. They are also interested in the necessary speed and lift for this to occur, specifically in terms of wing aerofoil shape. They reference the Dragonfly simulation and SmartBird as inspiration for their invention.
amorphos_b
What would it take for this to lift a man? Hi, as an inventor i am interested to know what it would take to make one of these ideas lift someone into the air? Let's imagine that it is made of graphene covered carbonado mesh frame, such that it is very light. As for power, let's use a rotory engine e.g. As from the Mazda rx7 ~ because they are small and light + very powerful. Except it will be made from carbonado sphere’s surrounding the piston chamber, which would be as if dropped down into the spheres like a cup.

The entire weight would be majoritively that of fuel, a driver/rider, then the lightwieght vehicle.Is this plausible?Dragonfly simulation; BionicOpter of Festo at the ACHEMA Press Preview Achema_2015

http://www.festo.com/net/nl-be_be/SupportPortal/Details/373260/PressArticle.aspxBird simulation;

SmartBird – Bird flight decipheredhttp://www.festo.com/cms/en_corp/11369.htm_

Engineering news on Phys.org
Without any details of the inventions it is impossible for us to have any idea how to power them.

Last edited:
What i am actually looking for in terms of my invention is; what would it take in terms of speed and lift, to lift a man in terms of wing aerofoil shape alone. I.e. Without thrust momentum. So like how helicopters have blades which are wings but the wings are twisted which gives it thrust momentum. More specifically i am looking at a mass of small wings.I think my query could be answered by asking; how many flies would it take to lift a man?I read somewhere that the flapping of the wings in bird-flight, does nothing, except move the wings back to a position they can push through the air on the next stroke. Thus i am assuming we can remove the up/down motion.

1. What is the weight limit for this lift to safely support a man?

The weight limit for a lift to safely support a man depends on various factors such as the type of lift, its design, and the strength of its materials. It is important to consult the manufacturer's guidelines and perform proper weight calculations to determine the safe weight limit for a lift.

2. Can this lift be modified to lift a man?

It is possible to modify a lift to safely lift a man, but it requires careful planning and engineering. The lift must be able to support both the weight of the man and any additional equipment or tools that may be used during the lift. It is recommended to consult a professional engineer before making any modifications to a lift.

3. What safety precautions should be taken when using this lift for lifting a man?

When using a lift for lifting a man, it is important to follow all safety precautions recommended by the manufacturer. This may include using safety harnesses, ensuring the lift is on a stable and level surface, and having a trained operator control the lift. It is also important to regularly inspect the lift and its components for any signs of wear or damage.

4. Are there any specific regulations or guidelines for using this lift to lift a man?

There may be specific regulations or guidelines for using a lift to lift a man, depending on your location and industry. It is important to research and comply with any applicable regulations or guidelines to ensure the safety of both the man and the lift. This may include obtaining proper training and certifications for using the lift.

5. Is there a specific technique for using this lift to lift a man?

The technique for using a lift to lift a man may vary depending on the type of lift and the specific situation. However, some general guidelines include ensuring the man is properly secured in a safety harness, using the lift's controls to slowly and smoothly lift the man, and having a trained operator monitor the lift at all times. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and consult a professional if unsure of the proper technique.