What's the Job Market Like for Physics/Engineering Graduates?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chris Wells
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 719 views
Chris Wells
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Hi Guys,

My name is Chris. I am 27 years old and work full time as a night attendant at a backpackers. Although, I really enjoy this job, I feel I can do more with my life. When I was 18, I majored in sports science and graduated at 22. When I graduated, I was totally disillusioned by the "real world" of work and my unrealistic expectations of what to expect as a career.

This is why, I love this forum because it gives honest advice compared to the propaganda imposed by colleges who just want your money.

I have been using Khan Academy to improve my math, chemistry, and physics skills. I am looking at going back to college to get a physics/engineering degree.

I would like to know, for those who have a physics/engineering degree, how long did it take you to get a job in your field after you graduated? Did you work retail jobs before getting your dream job? I watched many people in my generation move back home with their parents. Many of them were unemployed or are still underemployed (working at job that does not require a degree).

So please do not give me any BS propaganda advice, as I am too old for that dang.

I just want the straight truth.

Thanks
Chris
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org