What's the Perfect Holiday Gift for Our Family?

• Thread starter physics girl phd
  • Start date
In summary, the perfect holiday gift for our family would be something that brings us together and creates lasting memories. This could be a fun activity or outing, a personalized gift that shows thoughtfulness and love, or a practical item that will be useful for the whole family. The most important aspect is that it is something that will bring joy and happiness to all members of the family.
physics girl phd
Our family holiday "Gift"

We're seriously thinking of getting http://www.knoxpets.org/showpet.asp?A09196922" for the holidays:
http://www.knoxpets.org/pets/Canyon.jpg

Yes, our family is officially insane. The guys justify this idea (it was theirs!) by saying he will give Cha-Cha some new energy in her older years. I think it will be good for the boys... and I guess they all just like keeping me on my toes every six months or so. It does keep life interesting... and I'm keeping it somewhat sane by saying this is IT for our holiday gifting.

Tomorrow Cha-Cha has a pre-adoption kitty vet-check (we have to bring documentation of this)... she has to go meet him, then he has to do his vet rounds (getting fixed) before coming home. This will make 7 (yes seven!) living creatures in our tiny two bedroom abode (which they say won't matter since we were already planning/needing to move on account of little E's arrival).

Edited to add link to picture due to tendency to "picture glitch."

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Link missing? You're getting a kitty?

Math Is Hard said:
Link missing?

I think there's been a glitch in the matrix for at least 2 days. Images have not been appearing at first, then they do on subsequent visit's to a page. Kind of a reverse deja vu. "Hey, didn't I not see that cat a few minutes ago?" This is the third time I've noticed it. At first I thought I was just going mad, but you've confirmed that I am not completely crazy. Thank you.

:smile:

I clicked on the QUOTE button and then cut and paste the url into my browser. This brought up an image of a kitten opening a gift. The look on the kitten's face says to me: I was good this year. 3 indictments, no convictions.

Thanks jimmy. And now that I've clicked on it, it appeared for me in the thread. Cute kitten, but is it me or does it look like it's squatting to pee on that pretty cushion? It must be, because how else do you get a kitten to stand still for a picture when there's a big tree to climb right next to it?

http://www.knoxpets.org/pets/Canyon.jpg

or click on http://www.knoxpets.org/pets/Canyon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonbear said:
...Cute kitten, but is it me or does it look like it's squatting to pee on that pretty cushion? It must be, because how else do you get a kitten to stand still for a picture when there's a big tree to climb right next to it?

Uh oh... well, until it's established in the house it will be staying in the boys' room... and our middle child M is taking responsibility for all care, including any possible messes. In a way, this is going to be his "baby" to raise... and he's so excited.

I think ("hope") they really just plunked all these little ones on the cushion (fabric wrapped pillow) and took the pictures ASAP, even if they were positioned awkwardly. He was one of the more playful ones in the litter. At least we have no curtains (other than the boys' shower curtain) to climb.

jimmysnyder said:
... 3 indictments, no convictions.

Hopefully he's innocent of Moonbear's charge...

Well, "Big Man Mr. Steve" moved in Wednesday night. I'll confess to starting to like him, although I really don't want to... but he's so darn little (like a large rat), and he's good with all three kids. M of course loves him to no end and wants to play with him all the time, but he stayed in P's lap for about 20 minutes this morning (and P, who usually follows my cues on loyalty, didn't push him off), but when they were gone to school, he wanted more attention and crawled up on my lap with little E (as close as I would allow)... and tolerated her pulling pretty hard on his ears and nape (which she was quite enjoying). He's never played with claws or teeth... so that's good. We're of course keeping his claws trimmed til he's much older.

Honestly, he's pretty calm. Calmer than our M (at age ten). Cha-Cha hisses if he gets too near, but is generally ignoring him while he's loose (he's spending unsupervised time in the boy's bathroom til I see him go there and use the litterbox of his own accord... he is using it well when locked up though).

Some pics:
Original shelter pic (they removed it as soon as our paperwork was approved!)... and playing with M:
Canyon.jpg
12_10_2%20047_crop%2025p.jpg

by himself... and with little E:
12_10_2%20048_crop.jpg
12_10_2009%20030%20crop%2025p.jpg

1. What is "Our family holiday gift"?

"Our family holiday gift" is a term used to describe a gift or present given to family members during a holiday or special occasion. It can be a physical item, an experience, or even a meaningful gesture.

2. Why is giving a family holiday gift important?

Giving a family holiday gift is important because it helps strengthen the bond and connection between family members. It also shows love, appreciation, and gratitude towards one another.

3. How do I choose the perfect family holiday gift?

Choosing the perfect family holiday gift can be challenging, but it's important to consider the recipient's interests, needs, and preferences. You can also ask other family members for suggestions or consider a gift that can be enjoyed by the whole family.

4. Is it necessary to spend a lot of money on a family holiday gift?

No, it is not necessary to spend a lot of money on a family holiday gift. The most important aspect of a gift is the thought and effort put into it, not the cost. There are plenty of meaningful and thoughtful gifts that don't have to break the bank.

5. Are there any alternative ways to give a family holiday gift?

Yes, there are alternative ways to give a family holiday gift such as creating homemade gifts, giving experiences instead of physical items, or simply spending quality time together as a family. These can be just as meaningful and special as traditional gifts.