When Will Zapper Host a Best of the Best Photo Contest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
tribdog
Messages
779
Reaction score
17
When are you going to give us a "best of the best" photo contest? the winners of previous contests and we vote for the best? Or are you waiting for the end of the year?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
When are you going to give us a "best of the best" photo contest? the winners of previous contests and we vote for the best? Or are you waiting for the end of the year?

Probably closer to the end of the year.

Zz.
 
Do you think it would be possible to have correlations between the order of the pictures chosen in the original contest threads and the final orders after votes ? I guess Zz tries to be as little subjective as possible, and also a proper experiment should re-do all the contests with at least one different order in the contest threads.
 
humanino said:
Do you think it would be possible to have correlations between the order of the pictures chosen in the original contest threads and the final orders after votes ? I guess Zz tries to be as little subjective as possible, and also a proper experiment should re-do all the contests with at least one different order in the contest threads.

Yeah, I'm interested in that as well! :biggrin:
 
I just meant take the winner of each contest and put them into a best of the best contest.

Has there been a Fungi contest? Mold, mushrooms, cheese etc.
 
humanino said:
Do you think it would be possible to have correlations between the order of the pictures chosen in the original contest threads and the final orders after votes ? I guess Zz tries to be as little subjective as possible, and also a proper experiment should re-do all the contests with at least one different order in the contest threads.

That's just way too much work for something meant to be just for fun. If someone wants to study that, then go right ahead. I certainly don't have the time and patience to do it.

The order that I list the pictures corresponds to the order that they were submitted. Off the top of my head, I don't see any correlations. I've seen pictures submitted early win, and I've seen pictures submitted late win.

Zz.
 
I think most the people here are intelligent enough to not vote "C" everytime.